Photos from 2006 – the Sixth Annual Conference on Pesticide Stewardship
The Pesticide Stewardship Alliance (TPSA)
Monday, February 13, 2006
Opening Session: Dan Schweitzer, President, The Pesticide Stewardship Alliance
Plenary Session (A)
(1) Keynote Speaker: Stewardship Activities of the Plant Science Industry: A global overview; Keith Jones, PhD, CropLife International; Manager, Stewardship and Sustainable Agriculture, Brussels, Belgium
Plenary Session (B)
(2) Pesticide Life Cycle Stewardship and Extended Product Responsibility Initiative: Introduction of a New Paradigm.
Concurrent Sessions (C)
(3) Disposal of Unused Pesticides: Program Updates – What is Being Collected?
Moderator: Margaret Jones, U.S. EPA Region 5
(4) Container Stewardship, Panel Presentation: Combining State and Contractor Experience to Develop the Ideal Container Collection Program.
Moderator: Gail Amos, Washington State Department of Agriculture
Concurrent Sessions (D)
(5) Pesticide Applicator Training & Pesticide Stewardship
Moderator: Pat Hipkins, Virginia Tech Pesticide Programs
(6) International Pesticide Container Management, Panel Presentation: Breadth of the Programs and Highlights of Innovation in Latin America, Europe and the Pacific.
Moderators: Rob Denny, Arrowchase, Inc.; Keith Jones, PhD, CropLife International
Concurrent Sessions (E)
(7) Promoting Pesticide Stewardship Through Pesticide Safety
Moderator: Angela O’Callaghan, University of Nevada Cooperative Extension
(8) Plastics Stewardship, Panel Presentation: Open Burning of Agricultural Plastics (Including Pesticide Containers): What’s the Problem and How to Solve It?
Moderators: Margaret Jones, U.S. EPA Region 5; Lois Levitan, Cornell University Environmental Risk Analysis Program
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Breakfast Roundtable Discussion Groups
Pesticide Life Cycle Stewardship
Concurrent Sessions (F)
(9) School IPM Initiatives
Moderator: Chuck Cubbage, TPSA Board Member, Retired from Michigan Dept. of Ag.
(10) What is New and Exciting at EPA? – Panel Presentation: Updates on Pesticide Applicator Training, Worker Protection, International Collaboration, Container and Containment Regulations, Container Recycling and More!
Moderator: Nancy Fitz, U.S. EPA Office of Pesticide Programs
Concurrent Sessions (G)
(11) Container Stewardship, Panel Presentation: Status of Pesticide Container Stewardship in the United States.
Moderator: Don Gilbert, Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
(12) Disposal of Unused Pesticides – Program Modification Panel Presentation: Combining Agricultural and HHW Disposal Programs.
Moderator: Joe Hoffman, Washington State Department of Agriculture
Concurrent Sessions (H)
(13) International Pesticide Stewardship Activities
Moderator: Don Mullins, Ph.D., Professor of Entomology, Virginia Tech
(14) Pesticide Life Cycle Stewardship and Extended Product Responsibility Initiative Work Session: What Comes Next?
Concurrent Sessions (I)
(15) Container Recycling Initiatives
Moderator: Lois Levitan, Cornell University Environmental Risk Analysis Program
(16) “Responding to Pesticide Spills” – An Interactive Training Session; Thomas Dewhirst, Kalamazoo County Clean Sweep, Michigan